With new residents moving to Austin every day, new homes are popping up across the area to meet the demand. The Austin Business Journal recently identified five of the fastest-growing neighborhoods in the Austin area based on the number of housing starts within that community. A housing start is identified by whether a foundation has been poured for a new home in a neighborhood. Check out the top five fastest-growing Austin area communities and learn more about what makes them so popular with local homebuyers:
1. Siena - Located off of Highway 79 in Round Rock, Siena secures the top spot with 426 housing starts in 2016. With builders like KB Homes, Meritage Homes, Highland Homes, and Gehan Homes building in the community, it’s no wonder so many new homes are available! This master-planned community is part of Hutto ISD and offers amenities like an Olympic-sized pool, playground, sports courts, and walking trails. Siena is also just a short drive from major roadways, the Dell Diamond, and the Round Rock Outlets. Learn more about the Siena neighborhood on our profile or view all Siena homes for sale.
2. Sun City - This growing community saw 313 housing starts last year which takes the number two spot. Sun City is an age-restricted, active adult community with tons of amenities for residents to enjoy, including two golf courses, sports courts, pools, and tons of organizations for every interest. Outside of the community amenities, residents can enjoy everything Georgetown has to offer from delicious restaurants to shopping at the Wolf Ranch Town Center. You’ll find a variety of homes with floorplans and features to suit any lifestyle in Sun City. Learn more about the Sun City neighborhood on our profile or view all Sun City homes for sale.
3. Teravista - Found just east of Interstate 35, Teravista saw 244 housing starts in 2016. This neighborhood is home to an award-winning golf course, three amenity centers with pools, and two schools in both Georgetown ISD and Round Rock ISD. Homes here range from standard suburban homes to luxury models, but you’ll find high-end features like granite countertops and stainless steel appliances in nearly every home. Residents also love the community’s location just down the street from the Round Rock Outlets. Learn more about the Teravista neighborhood on our profile or view all Teravista homes for sale.
4. Avalon - Tucked away west of the Highway 130 toll road, Avalon boasted 226 housing starts last year. Builders like CastleRock, Pacesetter, and Gehan Homes are currently building brand new homes in the growing community. Residents enjoy access to an amenity center with a pool at the heart of the neighborhood. A Pflugerville ISD elementary school is also conveniently located within its boundaries. You’ll find granite countertops, hardwood floors, and cozy offices in the homes here. The neighborhood is also conveniently located close to the Stone Hill Town Center, which offers tons of dining, retail, and entertainment options. Learn more about the Avalon neighborhood on our profile or view all Avalon homes for sale.
5. Paloma Lake - With 224 housing starts last year, Paloma Lake rounds out the top five fastest-growing neighborhoods. The neighborhood takes its name from the small lake at its center where residents can stroll around the shore or even fish from the dock. Paloma Lake also offers an amenity center with a pool and a Round Rock ISD elementary school within the neighborhood. A variety of builders has produced a diverse set of homes in Paloma Lake that share desirable features like gourmet kitchens, game rooms, and generous master suites. Its location puts residents just a short drive from the Round Rock Outlets, Old Settlers Park, and the Dell Diamond. Learn more about the Paloma Lake neighborhood on our profile or view all Paloma Lake homes for sale.
Thinking about buying a home in the Austin area? Our agents can help you find the perfect one! Contact us for more information about buying a home in Austin.