In a hot market like Austin’s, new homes are constantly in demand. Where can you find Austin's newest homes? According to data collected by the Austin Business Journal and Metrostudy, Inc., the most housing starts in the Austin area were seen in some of it’s biggest master-planned communities. A housing start is defined as when the concrete slab for the foundation of a new home is poured. Williamson County had the most housing starts in 2014 with 1,651 slabs poured. Travis County wasn’t far behind with 1,555 starts.
So which neighborhoods are the fastest-growing in the Austin area? It looks like the top 5 are located in the suburbs north of Austin. See the list below and learn more about what makes these neighborhoods so popular:
1) Sun City- One of the biggest communities in the Georgetown area, Sun City added 294 housing starts in 2014. This retirement community offers 2 golf courses and plenty of organizations and activities to keep residents active. Learn more on our Sun City neighborhood profile or view all Sun City homes for sale.
2) Crystal Falls- With 261 housing starts in 2014, this master-planned community is still growing in the Leander area. Crystal Falls features spectacular homes, a golf course, and an amenity center. Learn more on our Crystal Falls neighborhood profile or view all Crystal Falls homes for sale.
3) Teravista- Like Crystal Falls, Teravista in Round Rock is a master-planned community with desirable amenities, including two recreation centers and a golf course. Teravista is also part of the exemplary Round Rock school district, and gained 246 housing starts last year. Learn more on our Teravista neighborhood profile or view all Teravista homes for sale.
4) Paloma Lake- Paloma Lake housing starts totaled 199 in 2014, and this Pflugerville neighborhood still has room to grow. Residents enjoy amenities like a neighborhood elementary school, access to a small lake, and a community center with pool. Learn more on our Paloma Lake neighborhood profile or view all Paloma Lake homes for sale.
5) Harris Branch- Tucked away in Northeast Austin, this established community boasted 189 housing starts last year. Harris Branch homes offer affordability and plenty of neighborhood amenities. Learn more on our Harris Branch neighborhood profile or view all Harris Branch homes for sale.
View the full list of the top 25 residential developments in Austin on the website for the Austin Business Journal. If you have questions about any Austin neighborhoods or the Austin real estate market, please don’t hesitate to contact us!