If you want to find Austin’s wealthiest zip codes, look west of Mopac! According to research presented by the Austin Business Journal, Austin’s most affluent areas are spread out as far as the hill country in Driftwood and Spicewood. Take a look at the top ten wealthiest zip codes in Austin:
1. 78746- The affluent suburb of Westlake makes up the majority of the 78746 zip code. Located between Lake Austin and Barton Creek, homes and even lots here can be priced well over $1 million. You’ll find established estates as well as brand new modern abodes in 78746. This zip code is serviced by Eanes ISD, one of the highest-rated school districts in the Austin area. It is also just five miles from Downtown Austin. Browse homes for sale in 78746.
2. 78738- This zip code includes the city of Bee Cave as well as parts of Lakeway, just 20 miles west of central Austin. Luxury communities like Spanish Oaks, Serene Hills, Belvedere, and Flintrock Falls are dotted throughout the area that offer luxury amenities like golf courses, gated entrances, and pools. Homes here feature unique designs that match their hill country setting. Lake Travis ISD schools also attract families looking for a top-rated district. Browse homes for sale in 78738.
3. 78739- Circle C is the largest community found in the 78739 zip code. The high-end suburban homes in this area can carry price tags as much as $800,000. Circle C is known for its community centers, large park, and golf course. This zip code is a short drive south from downtown Austin, making it an attractive choice for commuters. Browse homes for sale in 78739.
4. 78733- This West Austin zip code boasts spectacular estates centrally located between downtown Austin and Lakeway. Some of the most popular communities in the area are Rob Roy, Seven Oaks, and Senna Hills. The 78733 zip code is part of the highly-rated Eanes school district. It is also only a short drive from downtown Austin and nearby Bee Cave. Browse homes for sale in 78733.
5. 78737- This Southwest Austin zip code offers wide open spaces as well as high-end suburban communities. Belterra, Ridgeview, and Highpointe are some of the largest neighborhoods in the area, situated between Southwest Austin and Dripping Springs. Homeowners can also find acreage lots in the area perfect for a custom home. Browse homes for sale in 78737.
6. 78734- Lakeside living is the draw for residents of the 78734 zip code. This zip code covers the majority of the Lakeway area, including the Hudson Bend peninsula. You’ll find exclusive gated communities like Bella Montagna and Costa Bella in the area, as well as luxurious suburban neighborhoods like Apache Shores and Rough Hollow. Lake Travis schools and amenities like golf courses attract residents to 78734. Browse homes for sale in 78734.
7. 78730- This zip code covers the Austin area between RR 2222 and Lake Austin. Communities like River Place, Angel Pass, and Westminster Glen offer stunning homes in a picturesque setting. This area is attractive to affluent homeowners for its proximity to golf courses, Lake Austin, and its excellent schools in Leander ISD and Austin ISD. Browse homes for sale in 78730.
8. 78619- The Driftwood area offers a quiet escape from city life for wealthy Austinites. Driftwood is known for its wineries, Dripping Springs ISD schools, and wide open hill country vistas. Neighborhoods like Howard Ranch and La Ventana boast high-end homes with suburban amenities like pools and clubhouses. For a taste of luxury hill country living, homeowners seek out homes in Rim Rock. Browse homes for sale in 78619.
9. 78669- Wealthy homeowners seek out this Spicewood zip code for its tranquil hill country setting, outdoor recreation, and incredible homes. Whether residents choose to build on their own lot or choose a home in neighborhoods like Travis Settlement or West Cypress Hills, this zip code has plenty to offer. Homeowners will never be bored surrounded by golf courses, wineries, and fantastic local restaurants. Browse homes for sale in 78669.
10 . 78620- This zip code has exploded with growth thanks to the city of Dripping Springs within its boundaries. Homeowners can find a mix of established, acreage estates and high-end suburban communities. The Preserve, Harrison Hills, and Sunset Canyon are some of the most popular in the area. Highly-rated schools, outdoor recreation, and growing amenities like shopping centers make this zip code an attractive address. Browse homes for sale in 78620.
Want to explore more Austin area communities? Check out our comprehensive Austin Neighborhood Guide, which features over 1,800 profiles on Austin area neighborhoods. Contact us today for answers to your questions about Austin real estate.