Photo courtesy of Roy Niswanger on Flickr.
With so many fun events planned, Austin is a great place to celebrate New Year's Eve. Finding family-friendly New Year's Eve celebrations can be tough, so we've put together a list of events happening in the Austin area that the whole family can enjoy. If the little ones can't make it to midnight, check out Noon Year's Eve at Pinballz Arcade, or the all-day celebration at Main Event Entertainment. The Barton Creek Resort and Hyatt Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop offer plenty of activities to keep the whole family entertained until midnight. If fireworks are what you're after, don't miss the spectacular display lighting up the sky at Austin's New Year.
Ring in the New Year at one of these fun, family-friendly events in the Austin area:
- Austin’s New Year 2015- Due to winter weather, the City of Austin has decided to postpone their annual New Year's celebration at Butler Park. The fireworks and other festivities will be rescheduled so Austin residents can ring in the New Year safely. Check the City of Austin's website to find out when the celebration will be held.
- Alamo Drafthouse Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Music Video Dance Party- Dance the night away to the greatest pop hits of 2014 at the Alamo Drafthouse. This party is 18 and up, but children over age 6 will be admitted with a parent or guardian. The event kicks off at 9:45 pm, with a final countdown to the New Year at midnight! This event is only held at the South Lamar and Ritz locations, so be sure to purchase tickets early.
- Barton Creek Resort “Countdown Around the World”- Open to ages 4 to 13, this party is perfect for the little ones in your family. Kids can enjoy fun New Year’s Eve-themed activities, a dinner buffet and toast at midnight! The dinner starts at 6 pm and the party kicks off at 7pm. Reservations are required.
- Barton Creek Resort New Year’s Magical Eve- Enjoy an adults-only party at the Barton Creek Resort while the kids have their fun. Enjoy a prix fixe menu, casino games and dancing through the night. Ring in the New Year with a sparkling toast at midnight. Reservations are required.
- Bob Schneider’s New Year’s Eve Party- Bob Schneider is back again this year with a performance to ring in the New Year. He is an Austin original and award-winning musician. His concert will be held at 9pm at the Paramount Theater.
- Broken Spoke New Year’s Eve- Now in its 51st year, this New Year’s Eve celebration at the Broken Spoke is a night of dancing to live music at Austin’s oldest dancehall. Come out early and dine at the restaurant before taking a whirl on the dance floor. This event fills up fast, so purchase your tickets early!
- Esquina Tango New Year’s Eve Celebration- Dance into the New Year at Esquina Tango! This event is FREE for everyone, but a donation is encouraged. The doors open at 9pm, with a midnight countdown to wrap up the night. Snacks and party favors will be provided, but guests are encouraged to bring their own beverages.
- Hyatt Lost Pines Resort New Year’s Eve Jamboree- This family-friendly event in Bastrop has it all! Start the night off with a Texas-sized barbecue buffet before checking out the carnival, complete with a carousel and Ferris wheel, live music, dancing, face painting, and other carnival games. Celebrate the New Year with a fireworks display and toast at midnight.
- Main Event “Roll Into the New Year” Celebration- Start your new year off by bowling a strike at Main Event Entertainment. From 9 am – 1 am, enjoy a special price on unlimited bowling, arcade games, billiards and laser tag. Free party favors are available to all guests. Wrap up the night with the New Year’s Eve countdown.
- Mel’s Lone Star Lanes 2015 New Year’s Eve- Mel's Lone Star Lanes offers two celebrations on New Year's Eve. Mel’s Family Celebration kicks off at 5:30 pm with unlimited bowling, full dinner buffet and karaoke party. Then, at 9 pm the party continues with a dessert bar and countdown to 2015. Reservations fill up fast, so be sure to book online.
- Pinballz Arcade New Year’s Eve Ball- This annual celebration starts at 9 pm with games, music from the 80s and drinks. Ring in the New Year with a champagne toast at midnight. For kids 10 and under, come out to Noon Year’s Eve at 10:30 am for arts and crafts, arcade games and snacks. When the clock strikes noon, enjoy a special balloon drop with prizes!
- Willie Nelson & Family New Year- Country music legend Willie Nelson is back in Austin to ring in the New Year! Willie is taking over Austin City Limits Live downtown and sharing the stage with Vintage Trouble. Doors open at 7 pm, with the show starting at 9 pm. Early birds can also catch the show on December 30th.