Ever wondered where to find Austin's most expensive homes? Look west of Mopac! According to the data complied by ESRI for the Austin Business Journal, the top ten most expensive zip codes in Austin are all located in West Austin. Popular Austin neighborhoods like Tarrytown, Barton Creek, Steiner Ranch and Circle C can all be found in our list of Austin's most expensive zip codes. If you're interested in buying or selling a home in one of these zip codes, we have several Realtors who are experts in the West Austin area. Check out Austin's most expensive zip codes in the list below:
1. 78746- It's no surprise to most Austin residents that Westlake tops the list. The Westlake area attracts homeowners looking for beautiful homes, a top-rated school district and convenient location close to downtown Austin. Some of the area's most popular neighborhoods are Rollingwood, Stratford Drive and Davenport Ranch. Click to search homes for sale in 78746.
2. 78703- This exclusive zip code is home to some of Austin's oldest and most affluent neighborhoods. Old Enfield, Tarrytown and Pemberton Heights are just some of the high-end neighborhoods found in 78703. CEOs and celebrities like Matthew McConaughey have made their home in this luxury zip code. Click to search homes for sale in 78703.
3. 78730- With it's winding hills and central location to both Lake Travis and downtown Austin, it's no wonder homes in this zip code hold a median price of $600K. Neighborhoods like River Place, Westminster Glen and Greenshores on Lake Austin are some of the most popular in the area. Luxury appointments like pools, hardwood floors and media rooms are typical features in homes here. Click to search homes for sale in 78730.
4. 78731- Stretching from the shores of Lake Austin to Spicewood Springs Road, this zip code offers a variety of unique homes. Residents love living close to greenbelts, major roadways and great schools. Popular neighborhoods in 78731 include Great Hills, Northwest Hills, Cat Mountain and Highland Park West. The median price of homes here is about $550K. Click to search homes for sale in 78731.
5. 78738- This zip code encompasses much of the high-end Bee Cave area. This area includes a mix of high-end suburbs like Lake Pointe, Rocky Creek and Falconhead as well as gated communities like Belvedere and Spanish Oaks. Local highlights include Lake Travis, the Hill Country Galleria and luxury golf courses. Click to search homes for sale in 78738.
6. 78733- The hills that cover much of this zip code offer homeowners spectacular views of the surrounding area. Lake Travis and downtown Austin are just a short drive away from the homes here. Seven Oaks, Barton Creek West and Senna Hills are a few of the area's most popular communities. Click to search homes for sale in 78733.
7. 78732- The Steiner Ranch community in Northwest Austin is so large, it makes up the majority of this zip code. The exemplary schools, top-notch neighborhood amenities and high-end golf course are just a few of the reasons Austin families choose to call Steiner Ranch home. You'll find a diverse mix of traditional suburban homes and luxury estates in this area. Click to search homes for sale in 78732.
8. 78735- Barton Creek, Travis Country and Travis Country West are a few of the neighborhoods that make up this zip code. Local residents often spend time on the green at the Barton Creek golf club or hiking through the Barton Creek greenbelt. This area is known for its luxury homes that can be priced in the millions. Click to search homes for sale in 78735.
9. 78726- Homeowners in this zip code love living close to Lake Travis, the new Four Points shopping center and Lakeline Mall in northwest Austin. You'll find luxury estates in Grandview Hills and classic suburban homes in Canyon Creek in this zip code. New neighborhoods like Versante Canyon and Preserve at Four Points are also part of the 78726 zip code. Click to search homes for sale in 78726.
10. 78739- Like Steiner Ranch, Circle C covers most of the area in this zip code. Known for it's neighborhood amenities, golf course and beautiful homes, Circle C has always been a favorite of Austin families. It is also convenient to great shopping at Escarpment Village and Arbor Trails. Click to search homes for sale in 78739.