Photo courtesy of Great Valley Center on Flickr.
2015 was a stellar year for Austin area real estate. According to data collected by the firm Metrostudy, Williamson County was home to the top five fastest-growing neighborhoods in the Austin area. These neighborhoods were deemed fast-growing based on the number of housing starts in 2015. A housing start is defined as the poured foundation for a new home. Check out the top five fastest-growing communities in the Austin area:
1) Siena: With 315 housing starts and 257 closed sales in 2015, Siena outpaced the growth of other Austin area neighborhoods. Builders Highland Homes, KB Homes, Meritage Homes, Jimmy Jacobs Custom Homes, and more contributed brand new homes to this master-planned community in 2015. Siena has a fantastic location close to Round Rock attractions, and residents enjoy access to a pool, parks, and sports courts within the neighborhood. Read more about Siena in our neighborhood profile, or browse all Siena homes for sale.
2) Sun City: Although the earliest homes in Sun City were built in the late 1990s, this community is still growing 259 housing starts and closed 265 sales last year. This active-adult community is located in Georgetown and boasts a club for nearly every interest or hobby. Residents also enjoy a golf course, tennis courts, and parks within the community. Read more about Sun City in our neighborhood profile, or browse all Sun City homes for sale.
3) Mayfield Ranch: This Round Rock master-planned community is made up of three sections- the Highlands, Parkside, and the Village. Together, these neighborhoods yielded 246 housing starts and 265 closed sales in 2015. David Weekley Homes, Meritage Homes, Ryland Homes, and Highland Homes are just some of the builders who established homes in Mayfield Ranch. This neighborhood is bursting with amenities, including a pool, clubhouse, and onsite Round Rock and Leander ISD schools. Read more about Mayfield Ranch in our neighborhood profile, or browse all Mayfield Ranch homes for sale.
4) Teravista: Designed by Newland, Teravista is a master-planned community that is still growing in Round Rock. The neighborhood’s newest sections are still under construction with builds by Lennar, Ryland Homes, Wilshire Homes, and DR Horton, to name a few. Teravista posted 206 housing starts and 204 closed sales in 2015. This neighborhood is an award-winning community with tons of amenities, including a golf course, clubhouse, and numerous parks and pools. Read more about Teravista in our neighborhood profile, or browse all Teravista homes for sale.
5) Paloma Lake: Located in Round Rock, this neighborhood takes its name from the small lake at the heart of the community. Like Teravista, Paloma Lake is still growing with new sections, 203 housing starts, and 218 closed sales. Builders Grand Haven Homes, Heritage Homes, Highland Homes, and more have left their mark in Paloma Lake. In addition to the community pool, clubhouse, and fishing on the lake, residents in this neighborhood are just a short drive from the heart of Round Rock. Read more about Paloma Lake in our neighborhood profile, or browse all Paloma Lake homes for sale.
We can only expect these neighborhoods to keep adding more and more new homes as 2016 continues. If you’re interested in learning more about these and other Austin area communities, check out our Austin Neighborhoods Guide. Don't hesitate to contact us with your questions about Austin real estate.