Photo courtesy of Dace Kirspile on Flickr.
The Austin area is full of unique neighborhoods catering to different needs of local residents. Whether you prefer a golf course in your backyard, or a place to park your airplane, you can find the right neighborhood in the Austin area. If you're looking for the perfect neighborhood for you and your horses, you can find it in the Austin area. Check out our list of equestrian-friendly communities in the Austin area:
- Angelwylde- Tucked away off of Bee Caves Road in West Austin, this community boasts estate-sized lots averaging around 10 acres in size. It's one of the closest neighborhoods to central Austin where horses are allowed behind its gates.
- Westlake Oaks- Found east of Loop 360 on Bee Caves Road, Westlake Oaks is a rare equestrian community in the heart of Westlake. Homeowners choose this neighborhood for its large properties and convenient location minutes from downtown Austin.
- Homestead- With a location just minutes from the Hill Country Galleria and a quiet, rural atmosphere, it's not hard to see what brings homeowners and their horses to this neighborhood.
- Madrone Ranch- Lengthy trails and a 70 acre greenbelt are attractive features for equestrian residents in Madrone Ranch. The exquisite luxury homes and Lake Travis ISD schools are an added bonus.
- Meadowfox Estates- This small, gated community features upscale homes on properties as large as 4 acres. Like the Homestead, it is only a short drive from amenities at the Hill Country Galleria.
- La Ventana- In addition to the beautiful homes and acreage properties, La Ventana residents enjoy a pool, fitness center, and community horse stables, all in a tranquil, rural setting.
- Lanier Ranch- The wide open spaces in Lanier Ranch are perfect for horses. Homes here are custom built models served by well water and highlighted by rustic details.
- Onion Creek Ranch- Named for its location bordering a section of Onion Creek, the rural setting of Onion Creek Ranch can make residents forget they're just a short drive from the amenities of Southwest Austin.
- Panther Creek- This high-end gated community contains some of the largest properties in the area with plenty of room to graze. Homeowners come here for beautiful homes and secluded living.
- Vineyard Ridge- Found next to a winery, this small neighborhood overlooks the hill country. Several homeowners keep stables and paddocks on their acreage properties.
- Bear Creek Estates- Found between Dripping Springs and Southwest Austin, it's not uncommon to see residents out riding on the rural streets. This neighborhood is ideal for homeowners seeking privacy close to city amenities.
- Dripping Springs Ranch- The acreage properties here offer great hill country views for homeowners and plenty of room to graze for horses. The neighborhood is also just a short drive from the heart of Dripping Springs.
- Hurlbut Ranch- Hurlbut Ranch is one of the most rural neighborhoods in the Dripping Springs area, with uninterrupted views for miles. Homes here sit on large acreages and are custom built with details like rainwater collection systems.
- Kirby Springs Ranch- This neighborhood is only five minutes from central Dripping Springs, and covers 630 acres of hill country terrain. Horses are welcome on the acreage properties here.
- Polo Club at Rooster Springs- The Polo Club at Rooster Springs has every amenity an equestrian could need, including beautiful homes and stables. This neighborhood also features a tennis club, fitness center, and pool behind its gates.
- River Oaks Ranch- River Oaks Ranch offers large acreage properties and a great hill country location. A short drive down Hamilton Pool Road leads residents to amenities in Bee Cave like the Hill Country Galleria.
- Saddletree Ranch- With 500 acres of land and over 300 homesites, Saddletree Ranch gives residents plenty of room to spread out. This tight-knit community has an active HOA and horse-friendly atmosphere.
- Logan Ranch- It's hard to find acreage properties closer to the heart of Georgetown than Logan Ranch. Homeowners can spread out with their horses on lots as large as 10 acres.
- Lost River Ranches- The rural atmosphere and acreage properties draw homeowners with horses to Lost River Ranches. The neighborhood is also just a short drive from city amenities.
- Whitetail- This hidden neighborhood is a rural oasis with acreage properties and custom homes. Its central location between Georgetown, Round Rock, and Leander makes Whitetail an attractive neighborhood to call home.
- Double Horn Creek- This gated community in the heart of the hill country features beautiful homes and horse-friendly properties. Residents can enjoy a private pool, fishing lake, and hiking trails.
- Lake Oaks Ranch- Lake Oaks Ranch is a hill country retreat just thirty minutes from amenities in Bee Cave. The lakeside estates here offer plenty of room for horses.
- Paleface Homesteads- The hill country terrain here was once part of a cattle ranch, and couldn't be more perfect for horses. Homeowners choose this neighborhood for its privacy and gorgeous homes.
- Reserve at Lake Travis- This luxury resort style community allows horses on properties larger than 3 acres and also features a large equestrian center. This neighborhood offers incredible amenities, including a marina on Lake Travis and a huge private pool.
You can read more about 1,800+ Austin area neighborhoods in our Austin Area Neighborhoods Guide. If you have any questions about Austin area real estate, please contact us today!