Development is happening all around the Austin area, especially downtown. Several new skyscrapers and condominium communities that will change the city’s landscape are currently under construction. Check out our list below to learn more about the new condo communities set to debut in Austin in the next two years.
1. The Foundry- Located at East 4th Street and Comal, The Foundry is one of several new condos springing up in East Austin. This community sits on the site of a former warehouse and will be home to 17 new residences. Designs for each unit combine The Foundry’s industrial roots with elegant details through features like concrete ceilings and quartz countertops. The Foundry is also walking distance to an Austin MetroRail station for easy access to downtown Austin. Learn more on our Foundry neighborhood profile or view all Foundry condos for sale.
2. Tyndall at Robertson Hill- Situated on a hilltop overlooking downtown Austin, this brand new development is hard to miss along Interstate 35 in East Austin. Luxury amenities at Tyndall include a pool, gym, and community lawn with a dog walk and fire pit. Each unit also features floor to ceiling windows to take advantage of the spectacular city views. Tyndall is convenient to popular East Austin locales like Franklin Barbecue and Hillside Farmacy. Learn more on our Tyndall at Robertson Hill neighborhood profile or view all Tyndall condos for sale.
3. Austin Proper- The Austin Proper Residences will be made up of 99 exclusive condos located at the top of the future Austin Proper Hotel. These sky-high units offer incredible views and luxury details like marble countertops, oak flooring, and private terraces. Residents can walk to the Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail and are surrounded by fun things to do in downtown Austin. Learn more on our Austin Proper neighborhood profile or view all Austin Proper condos for sale.
4. 70 Rainey- Estimated to be completed in the fall of 2017, 70 Rainey will stand 35 stories tall with 164 residences. The building’s coveted location on one of downtown Austin’s most popular streets makes it a much-anticipated development. Residents will enjoy access to luxurious amenities like an infinity pool overlooking the city, private parking, and a dog park. Learn more on our 70 Rainey neighborhood profile or view all 70 Rainey condos for sale.
5. Fifth and West- Found just one block south of Sixth Street, the Fifth and West condos will occupy an enviable downtown Austin location when completed in 2017. Standing at 39 stories tall, Fifth and West will be the fifth tallest building in Austin and include 154 units. High-end amenities available to residents include a dog park, pool, fitness center, and game room. The condos are also just blocks from Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and Lady Bird Lake. Learn more on our Fifth and West neighborhood profile or view all Fifth and West condos for sale.
6. The Independent- It’ll be hard to miss The Independent when it makes its debut around 2018. Nicknamed “The Jenga Tower,” the unique stacked design will stand 58 stories tall, which makes it the tallest residential tower west of the Mississippi. Two floors are dedicated to resident amenities, which include a pool, movie theater, and fitness center. Residents will appreciate its location just two blocks from Austin’s entertainment district along Sixth Street. Learn more on our Independent neighborhood profile or view all Independent condos for sale.
7. 1010 West 10th- Located in the desirable Clarksville neighborhood, 1010 West 10th is an exclusive community with just fourteen residences. Each unit will include a private yard or terrace, along with high-end details like Miele appliances and hardwood floors. This community boasts an enviable location just blocks from Whole Foods, 24 Diner, and BookPeople. Learn more on our 1010 West 10th neighborhood profile or view all 1010 West 10th condos for sale.
8. 1306 West- This luxury community houses just thirteen residences within its three-story modern design. 1306 West is close enough to all the fun in downtown Austin while remaining a quiet retreat in the city suburbs. Residents are minutes from all the shopping and unique restaurants along North Lamar Boulevard. You may even spot a high school football game from your balcony overlooking House Park stadium. Learn more on our 1306 West neighborhood profile or view all 1306 West condos for sale.
9. The LAAN- Currently under construction, the LAAN Residences offer modern living in one of Austin’s hottest zip codes (78704). The 53 condos here will include features like quartz countertops and skylights when complete. The LAAN also makes outdoor living a priority with a dog run and pool. Best of all, these condos are minutes from South Austin hotspots like the Broken Spoke and the Alamo Drafthouse. Learn more on our LAAN neighborhood profile or view all LAAN condos for sale.
10. J. Bouldin Residences- This community is one of the most unique in the Austin area. Developers have transformed a former church built in the late 1930s into four luxury two-story condos. The church residences are surrounded by 29 single-story units and 5 three-story townhomes housed in brand new buildings. The J. Bouldin Residences are situated between South First and South Congress Avenue, where residents can find tons of unique restaurants and shops to explore. Learn more on our J. Bouldin Residences neighborhood profile or view all J. Bouldin Residences condos for sale.
Curious to learn more about Austin area neighborhoods? Review over 2,100 neighborhood profiles on our comprehensive Austin Neighborhood Guide. Don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions about Austin area real estate.