April was another fantastic month for Austin real estate! According to a report released by the Austin Board of Realtors, Austin home sales in April set a record for the month, and marked the eighth straight month of sales increases in the Austin market. Last month, 2,568 homes were sold, which is an 8% increase since April 2014. Austin home prices also rose 14% since last April, with a median price of $274,000. Despite rising prices, the Austin market continued to stay active in April. Over 3,800 new listings hit the market in April, and pending sales rose 4% compared to April 2014. All this activity yielded a total dollar sales volume of about $875 million, which is a 19% increase over last April. Take a look below at the latest market statistics from the Austin Board of Realtors.
April 2015 Austin Market Statistics
- 8% increase in total single-family homes sold since April 2014 at 2,568 homes
- Median sales price of a home was $274,000 last month, which is 14% more than April 2014
- Total dollar sales volume for single-family homes increased 19% in April 2015 to $875,826,672
- 0.2 month increase in months of inventory available last April at 2.5 months
- Homes spent 1 day more on the market with an average of 46 days in April 2015
- 9% increase in new listings for April 2015 at 3,807 listings
- 11% increase in active listings since April 2014 with 5,915 listings in April 2015
- 2,909 pending sales in April 2015, or 4% more than April 2014
Based on these numbers, Austin’s market is in a trend of rising home sales and prices. If you’re thinking about selling your home, now is the perfect time! In this seller’s market, pricing your home correctly is the key to attracting the most attention from buyers. Our agents are experts in the Austin market, and can help you market your home at the right price. For buyers, knowing when new homes hit the market is the secret to finding your dream home in this competitive market. Our agents have all the tools and knowledge you need to stay up-to-date on the latest Austin listings. If you have any questions about buying or selling a home in Austin, we’re your local experts- contact us today!