With warmer weather and sunshine on the horizon, now is a great time to freshen up your home for spring. A little work and minor repairs can transform the look of your home and help it shine, especially if you’re planning to sell. Check out these tips to get your home ready for spring.
1. Tidy Up the Front Porch - Sweep away any debris and dirt away from your front door. Clear out cobwebs and replace worn out lightbulbs in your light fixtures. Clean up any outdoor furniture. If your front door looks a little worse for wear, consider a fresh coat of paint or even replacing the door with a brand new one made of steel or fiberglass.
2. Make Outdoor Repairs - Unpredictable winter weather can be harsh on your home. Inspect the exterior of your home for any damage and make minor repairs if possible. If your home looks a little dull, consider power washing. However, be sure your home’s siding can handle it; some materials can be damaged even more by a power wash. Take some time to clean out your gutters, especially in the corners and bends where debris can become trapped.
3. Clean Up the Landscaping - A well-kept lawn makes a great impression on guests and potential buyers. Grab your gardening tools and spend an afternoon pruning away any dead branches, leaves, or twigs on your trees and plants. Trim back any wayward growth on your hedges for a uniform look. Spread new mulch and even plant new flowers for a splash of color around your home.
4. Get Ready for Outdoor Living - With so much sunshine during the day and mild temperatures at night, springtime in Austin is the perfect season to spend outdoors. Clear away any debris from your back deck or patio. Be sure to inspect the wood or concrete surfaces for any signs of wear or damage. Clean up your patio furniture with a quick scrub and by replacing worn out cushions. Add some fun to your space with strings of lights, unique lanterns, and other creative elements.
5. Freshen Up the Interior - Your home’s exterior may look fantastic, but don’t forget about the inside! Do a little spring cleaning to clear out any clutter in your home, especially in open areas like the living room and kitchen. Clean windows inside and out to allow more natural light to illuminate your space. Bring the spring feel indoors with potted plants and flowers.
We hope these tips help your home look great for spring. This season is the hottest for home sales. Our expert agents are waiting in the wings to help you achieve your Austin real estate goals. If you’re thinking of buying or selling a home please contact us!