Photo courtesy of Ashley Jones on Flickr.
Austin is one of the most pet-friendly cities in the country. You won’t have to leave Fido at home the next time you head out to dine in the Austin area. Check out our list of ten dog-friendly restaurants in the Austin area.
1. Red’s Porch- This hip South Austin restaurant is well-known for its Southern-inspired menu. It is also a popular weekend brunch spot. Red’s Porch has two outdoor patios where pets are welcome. The second story patio offers great views of the downtown skyline.
2. Banger’s- Tucked away on Rainey Street, Banger’s offers 30 kinds of house made sausage and over 100 beers on tap. Live music creates a laid back atmosphere that’s truly Austin. Banger’s also has an off leash dog park and a specialty sausage just for pets.
3. Contigo- This restaurant specializes in farm-to-table Texas cuisine. The owners wanted to bring the lifestyle enjoyed on their ranch in South Texas to the heart of East Austin, which includes welcoming dogs and their owners on the outdoor patio.
4. Moonshine Grill- A downtown staple since 2003, Moonshine Grill takes classic comfort foods to a new level. This restaurant is a popular happy hour and brunch spot. Bring your dogs and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere on the outdoor patio.
5. Home Slice Pizza- A stroll down South Congress Avenue will bring you to this corner pizza place. Home Slice serves up New York style pizza by the slice or whole pie. Pet owners can grab a seat on the outdoor patio.
6. Moontower Saloon- Found in “Way South Austin” (on Manchaca Road south of Slaughter Lane), Moontower Saloon is the result of a dream to create a “little neighborhood bar”. With live music, great drinks, and games like washers and pool, Moontower is a great place to hang out. Well behaved dogs on a leash are welcome to join their owners.
7. Waterloo Ice House- Waterloo Ice House has been an Austin staple since 1976, and just celebrated its 40th birthday. The classic food and welcoming atmosphere keep Austinites coming back. Kids and pets can play outdoors on the playground and covered patio.
8. Opal Divine’s- This restaurant offers two locations to serve hungry diners in North and South Austin. Classic American fare and over three dozen craft beers keep residents coming back. Pets are welcome on the relaxing outdoor patio.
9. Yard Bar- Found on Burnet Road, Yard Bar caters to both dogs and humans. A $5 fee grants you and your dog daily admission to the off-leash yard. The full restaurant serves dishes for both pets and people. Yard Bar also offers different membership options for frequent visitors.
10. Dog House Drinkery- Like Yard Bar, Dog House Drinkery brings off-leash backyard fun to dogs and their owners in the Leander area. Owners can keep their pets by their side, or let them play in the dog parks reserved for both large and small dogs. Dog House Drinkery also has membership options for visitors.
These are just a few of the many dog-friendly restaurants in Austin. If you’re looking for a home near your favorite hangout, our agents can help you find the perfect one! Contact us for answers to your questions about buying or selling Austin area homes.