Housing Trends in 2013
Posted by Michael Reilly on Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 at 10:17am.
- New Tech- Technologically savvy home features, such as having the ability to control features from smart phones and tablets, should be a popular feature.
- Health, Safety & Efficiency- Appliances in 2013 will likely be focused on these three factors.
- Smaller bathrooms- Homeowners are forgoing the enjoyment of master bathtubs in favor of the efficiency of showers.
- Fido’s Spot- Instead of placing the kennel in a random spot once a home is finished, many pet owners are now including their pet’s living space in their home plans from the beginning.
- Charging areas- For tablets, smartphones, laptops, etc.
- Mother Nature- Expect to see homes built with features that can connect the indoors to the outdoors on days with beautiful weather.
- Green Homes- Houses designed to cut down on energy consumption should continue to grow in popularity.
- Less is More- Many homeowners & builders will set their sights on homes with less square footage in exchange for a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!